Step by Step Foundation Inc
“Step by Step Foundation” is a 501 (c)(3) non- profit organization that collects recyclables, turns them in and uses that money to provide food, clothing, and supplies to individuals in need #HelpingOthersOneStepAtATime
Contact us for a Bottle/Can pickup: email@example.com
In March 2019, my brother Matthew Keating (Co-Founder, Executive Vice President) donated a box of non perishables to our local food shelter here in Waterbury, CT. When my brother made the donation, he saw what a big of an impact it had on them. When I (Co-Founder, Michael Keating, President ) came back from my Walt Disney World internship in Orlando, FL, I wanted to follow in my brothers footsteps and help out in any way I could. In June 2019, we officially launched our own foundation called “Step by Step”. With still being students, we came up with the idea of raising money through bottle/can donations. Our friends and family ran with the idea and started to give us all of their bottles/cans. We would return these recyclables and use 100% of that money to give back to local food banks, homeless shelters, low income healthy clinics, elderly homes, local schools, and individuals in need. Since June 2019, my brother and I have received over 170,000 of Bottles/Cans (and counting) and have donated an estimated over $20,000 worth of donations to help individuals in need. We’ve used that money to donate to over 20 incredible organizations in the Waterbury area and beyond that helps the homeless, elderly, and less fortunate. On May 9 2020, Step by Step Foundation Inc., officially became a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Everybody thinks they have to do something big to make a difference but our mission at Step by Step is to show everyone that you don’t need to do something big to make a difference. You can make a difference by just doing something small and helping others one step at a time.
Check down below to see the Step by Step team, places we’ve donated to, our monthly donation segment, our local sponsors, ways to donate, ways to volunteer, and OUR OFFICAL BOTTLE COUNT!!!
Meet the Team
Without the help of my friends and family none of this would be possible. Thank you to my team who have put in a lot of their own time to make this vision from God a reality. From left to right:
-Matthew Keating (Co- Founder, Executive Vice President :Age 18 )
-Sophie Pape ( Woodbury Representative Board member, Age 16)
-Max Pape( Vice President , President: Age 21)
-Nick Hernandez : (Watertown Representative /Board Member, Age 22)
-Mike Keating (Co-Founder, President : Age 21)
-Tanner Linhard (Board Member, 17)
-Tyler White (Volunteer, Age 17)
-Robert Anchini (Volunteer Coordinator / Board Member, Age 17)
-Julia Mehlin: Not shown in picture ( Not Shown in Picture, Board member, Age 17)
Monthly Donation Segment:
Step by Step’s Monthly Clothing and Supplies Giveaway
Step by Step hosted it’s first ever Step by Step’s Monthly Clothing and Supplies Giveaway in the month of January outside of Greater Waterbury Interfaith Ministries (GWIM) . Step By Step set up and gave away 6 Boxes full of clothes, purses, shoes, hats, gloves, blankets and coats during GWIM’s monthly food pantry day. Since this was such a success, we are now collecting gently used clothes and supplies that we will donating each month to individuals in need FOR FREE outside of GWIM’s during their monthly food pantry day.
If you would like to donate any clothes or supplies, please contact us at our email : firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!!! We really appreciate all your support!!
Republican American Newspaper Article
Thank you so much to Jason Levy for writing such an amazing article done in the Republican American newspaper last month. Also, a huge thank to Jim Shannon for capturing this amazing photo for the newspaper as well. Since Step by Step was formed in June 2019 to December 2020, we’ve donated an estimated amount worth over $20,000 to over 20 different amazing organizations.
We couldn’t have accomplished this without all of your help thank you!! Full Article Link Down Below!!
Places we’ve had the pleasure to donate to
- Exchange Place Towers elderly home (Waterbury, CT: Top Picture)
- Departments of Children and Families (Waterbury, CT: Second Picture)
- Health and Wellness Center (Torrington, CT:Third Picture)
- CDC Hospitality Center ( Waterbury, CT :Fourth Picture)
- Rock Of Ages Christian Church Food Bank (Waterbury, CT)
- St. Vincent De Paul homeless shelter (Waterbury, CT)
- Center for Human Development CHD (Waterbury CT)
- Dugan School(Waterbury, CT)
- Multiple Waterbury Public Schools
- Compassion International
- Friend’s of the Homeless (Springfield, MA)
- Western Mass. Food Bank (Hatfield, MA)
- Hawthorn Foundation for Kids with Autism (Manhatanville College)
- Countryside Apartments (Wolcott, CT)
- Greater Waterbury Interfaith Ministries (GWIM)
- Manes and Motions Therapeutic Riding Center, INC. (Middletown, CT)
- Families in Gambia, West Africa (5th Picture )
- Thy Eagles Nest Donation Center (Wolcott, CT)
- Seymour Middle School (Seymour, CT)
- Cheshire Food Pantry (Cheshire, CT)
- God Provides Ministries INT. (Waterbury, CT)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Hope and Pregnancy Center (Cheshire, CT)
“For Even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many”
– Mark 10:45 +
As a Christian based organization, our goal is to serve and provide for others needs through our love for Jesus. We are all called to be ministers in our community. Being a minster in your community is meeting the needs of someone in need and being a servant. Our organization is just a vessel to spread God’s love and service to our local community.
7 Day Prayer Challenge
We understand that people may not always have the money or bottle donations to give, however we always have prayers to give. Prayer has been a building block for this foundation in terms of allowing God to guide us towards the greatest ways to help others in the community. We would love for you to join us in our 7 Day Prayer Challenge and pray for our community!!
PDF Link Below!!
Since we’ve started, we’ve been grateful enough to have received bottles and cans from many incredible organizations across Connecticut. We would like to highlight the great organizations that have helped us out on our Step by Step journey so you can support them as well.
– Newington Rotary Club (1st Picture)
– Mathnasium Waterbury, CT (2nd Picture)
– Handyman Services Plus Construction Company Waterbury, CT
– Johns Pizza in Waterbury, CT
– Lambada Hartford, CT
Ways to Give Back
Be a part of the Movement!!!!!
Our bread and butter to raise money is through your bottle donations. This organization has been blessed to receive bottle donations from over 100 different families and organizations. If possible, can you please separate bottles and cans when you donate. This is not forced but it would be greatly appreciated. There are two ways you can donate your bottles/ cans:
1) Email or call us below for a bottle pick up. We do bottle picks in the surrounding areas: Waterbury, Oakville, Watertown, Wolcott, Prospect, Middlebury, Naugatuck, Thomaston, Cheshire, and Woodbury.
2) If you aren’t in a surrounding area or would rather drop off your bottles/cans, you can always drop off your bottles/cans at our location at 73 Herschel Ave Waterbury, CT. Email us if you have any questions! .
Step by Step is always looking for young students to help delivery food to our local food banks, throw events for the low income elderly and homeless, or help us with count bottles at the end of every month. If you are interested, please email us or contact us via social media!
Stay updated on how you can volunteer by following us on Instagram and Facebook
If you don’t collect bottles but want to help out with a cash donation we would more than appreciate your generosity. Every little bit helps and we appreciate all your support!!
Step by Step Foundation INC. also is now located on Amazon Smile !! With every purchase you make on amazon smile, amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to our organization. Thank you for all your support!! Link down below.