Step by Step Foundation Inc
“Step by Step Foundation” is a Christian 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization in Waterbury, Connecticut that collects plastic bottles and cans and uses that money to provide food, clothing, and supplies to individuals in need #HelpingOthersOneStepAtATime
In March 2019, my brother Matthew Keating (Co-Founder, Executive Vice President) donated a box of non-perishable items to a local food bank here in Waterbury, CT. When my brother made that donation, he saw what a big of an impact it had. When I (Michael Keating) came back from my internship in Orlando, FL, I wanted to follow in my brothers footsteps and help give back to my community in any way that I could. In June 2019, my brother and I officially launched our foundation called “Step by Step: Helping Others One Step At A Time”. With still being broke students, we came up with the idea of raising money to help others in need through bottle and can donations. Our friends and family ran with this idea and in no time they all started to give us their bottles and cans. We would return these recyclables and use that money to give back to local food banks, homeless shelters, low income elderly homes, and individuals in need in our community. Since June 2019, my brother and I have received over 400,000 Bottles/Cans (and counting) and have donated an estimated amount of over $50,000 worth of donations to help individuals in need. We’ve used the money we’ve received from bottle, can, and monetary donations to donate to over 20 incredible organizations in the Waterbury area and beyond that helps the homeless and less fortunate. On May 9 2020, Step by Step Foundation Inc., officially became a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization in the State of Connecticut. Everybody thinks they have to do something big to make a difference but our mission at Step by Step is to show everyone that you don’t need to do something big to make a difference. You can make a difference by just doing something small and Helping Others One Step At a Time.
Check down below to see the Step by Step team, our monthly donation segment, our Homeless and Less Fortunate Outreach Program, places we’ve donated to, our 7 day prayer challenge, our local sponsors ways to volunteer, ways to donate, and OUR OFFICAL BOTTLE COUNT!!!
Meet the Team
Without the help of my friends and family none of this would be possible. Thank you to this amazing team who have put in an immense amount of their own time and energy in to make this vision from God a reality. From left to right:
- Michael Gannon
- Nick Hernandez (Board Member, Age 23)
- Robert Anchini (Executive Board Member, Age 19)
- Matthew Keating (Co-Founder, Vice President : Age 19)
- Anthony Marchetti
- Mike Keating (Co-Founder, President: Age 23)
- Max Pape
- Leo Fiore
- Mira Chartier (Secretary, Age 23)
- Julia Mehlin (Board member, Age 17)
- Brianna Gervickas
- Sophie Pape
- Tanner Linhard, Not shown in picture
- Jacob Hogrefe, Not shown in picture
- Vinny Diogostine, Not Shown in picture
Step by Step Hat and Glove Drive Giveaway
Hi Everyone! The last couple of years, Step by Step has noticed so many people in need of hats and gloves during the winter months. Our goal this year is to be able to provide as many hats and gloves to people in need as we can. A donation of just $10 dollars will allow us to buy a nice new winter hat and pair of gloves to someone in need. If you would like to donate, our links to our PayPal and Venmo are under our Ways to Give Back section at the bottom of our website! Thank you so much 🙂
Step by Step’s Monthly Segment
Step by Step has been donating to Rock of Ages Holiness Church Food Bank for a little over 3 years now. Our visit in October marked our 58th visit to donate food at the food bank! This picture is one of the first pictures we ever took as a group a couple of years ago. All Glory to God! So happy to be able to do this!
Places we’ve had the pleasure to donate to
- Exchange Place Towers low income elderly home (Waterbury, CT: Top and Bottom Picture)
- Departments of Children and Families in Waterbury, CT
- Community Health and Wellness Center (Torrington, CT: Fourth Picture)
- CDC Hospitality Center (Waterbury, CT)
- Rock Of Ages Christian Church Food Bank (Waterbury, CT; 2nd picture)
- St. Vincent De Paul homeless shelter (Waterbury, CT)
- Center for Human Development CHD (Waterbury CT)
- Dugan School (Waterbury, CT)
- Multiple Waterbury Public School’s Classroom Supplies (Third Picture)
- Compassion International (we sponsor a 5 year old child named Aisha in Tanzania 🙂 )
- Friends of the Homeless (Springfield, MA)
- Western Mass. Food Bank (Hatfield, MA)
- Hawthorn Foundation for Kids with Autism (Manhatanville College)
- Countryside Apartments (Wolcott, CT)
- Greater Waterbury Interfaith Ministries (GWIM; Waterbury, CT)
- Manes and Motions Therapeutic Riding Center, INC. (Middletown, CT)
- Thy Eagles Nest Donation Center (Wolcott, CT)
- Seymour Middle School (Seymour, CT)
- Cheshire Food Pantry (Cheshire, CT)
- God Provides Ministries INT. (Waterbury, CT)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Hope and Pregnancy Center (Cheshire, CT)
- Miss Lil’s Outreach Program (Waterbury, CT)
- The People of Ukraine
- Waterbury Youth Services
As a Christian based organization, our goal is to serve and provide for others through our love for Jesus Christ. At Step by Step, we feel called to be ministers in our community. To be a minister in your community is to be Christ’s hands and feet by loving others the way he called us to love. Our team strives to emulate this in our hometown of Waterbury, CT every day. Our organization is just a vessel to spread God’s love and service to our local community.
“For Even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many”- Mark 10:45 +
7 Day Prayer Challenge
We understand that people may not always have the money or bottle/cans donations to give but if you could keep our organization in your prayers in would truly mean a lot to us. Prayer has been the rock that we have built this foundation. Prayer has allowed given us the opportunity for God to guide us towards the greatest ways we help others in our community everyday. We would love for you to join us in our 7 Day Prayer Challenge where you can help us pray for our organization and community!!
PDF Link Below!!
Since we’ve started, we’ve been grateful enough to have gotten incredible support from many great places in Connecticut. We want like to highlight these great places that have helped us out on our journey to help others in need. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without all of your support! Thank You
– Alplex Automotive: Autobody & Towing (Waterbury, CT) http://www.alplexautobody.com/
– Catholic Academy of (Waterbury, CT) https://www.catholicacademywaterbury.org/
– Ciampi Tax and Financial Services https://www.ciampitax.com/
– Community Health and Wellness Center (Torrington, CT) https://www.chwctorr.org/
– Charter Oak Asset Management (Cheshire, CT) http://www.charteroakinc.com/
– Danny Cavs Fit https://linktr.ee/dannycavs_fit
– East Mountain Golf Course (Waterbury, CT) http://golfwaterbury.foreupwebsites.com/east-mountain/
– Electric Appliance Parts Company (Waterbury, CT) http://www.ea-part.com/
– Exchange Place Towers (Waterbury, CT)
– Frank Pepe’s Pizzeria in (Waterbury, CT) https://www.pepespizzeria.com/waterbury
– Jon’s Jewelers (Watertown, CT)
– Ives Farm Stand (Cheshire, CT) https://ivesfarmstand.square.site/
– Mathnasium (Waterbury, CT) https://www.mathnasium.com/naugatuckvalley
– Newington Rotary Club (Newington, CT) https://www.newingtonrotary.org/
-Palace Theater (Waterbury, CT) https://www.palacetheaterct.org/
– Reflections Complex at Echo Lake (Watertown, CT)
– Synagro (Waterbury, CT) https://www.synagro.com/
– The Common Bond Market (Shelton, CT) https://www.thecommonbondmarket.com/
– The Siemon Company (Watertown, CT) https://www.siemon.com/
– Tidal Horse Company based out of (Waterbury, CT) https://tidalhorse.com/
– Thyme and Season (Hamden, CT) https://www.thymeandseason.net/
Ways to Give Back
Be a part of the Movement!!!
Bottle and Can Donations!!
Our bread and butter to raise money is through your bottle and can donations. This organization has been blessed to receive bottle donations from over 100 different families and organizations. If possible, we would appreciate it if you could separate your cans and plastic bottles into separate bags when you donate. This is not forced but would be greatly appreciated.
1) Our drop off location is at 73 Herschel Ave Waterbury, CT. You can drop off your cans and plastic bottles at any day and time under the big Step by Step sign in the driveway. Unfortunately we are not accepting any glass bottles at this time due to limited space and resources. Thank you so much in advance! We truly appreciate all your support!! Email us if you have any questions!
2) If you are a organization, school, or church that would like to collect plastic bottles and cans monthly or bi-monthly for us, please email us below!
Step by Step is always looking for high school and college students to help us deliver food to our local food banks, throw events for the low income elderly, help us sort bottles at the end of every month and more! If you are interested, please email us or contact us via social media!
Stay updated on how you can volunteer by following us on Instagram and Facebook
If you want to help out with a cash donation we would more than appreciate your generosity! Every little bit helps!!!
Step by Step Foundation INC. is also now located on Amazon Smile 🙂 With every purchase you make on amazon smile, amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to our organization. If you would like to connect our organization to your amazon smile account, the link is down below. Thank you!!!