Step by Step Foundation Inc
“Step by Step Foundation” is a 501 (c)(3) non- profit organization that collects recyclables, turns them in, and uses that money to provide food, clothing, and supplies to individuals in need #HelpingOthersOneStepAtATime
Contact us for a Bottle/Can pickup: email@example.com
In March 2019, my brother Matthew Keating (Co-Founder, Executive Vice President) donated a box of non perishables to our local food shelter here in Waterbury, CT. When my brother made the donation, he saw what a big of an impact it had on them. When I (Co-Founder, Michael Keating, President) came back from my Walt Disney World internship in Orlando, FL, I wanted to follow in my brothers footsteps and help out in any way I could. In June 2019, we officially launched our own foundation called “Step by Step”. With still being students, we came up with the idea of raising money through bottle/can donations. Our friends and family ran with the idea and started to give us all of their bottles/cans. We would return these recyclables and use 100% of that money to give back to local food banks, homeless shelters, low income healthy clinics, elderly homes, local schools, and individuals in need. Since June 2019, my brother and I have received over 270,000 of Bottles/Cans (and counting) and have donated an estimated over $30,000 worth of donations to help individuals in need. We’ve used that money to donate to over 20 incredible organizations in the Waterbury area and beyond that helps the homeless, elderly, and less fortunate. On May 9 2020, Step by Step Foundation Inc., officially became a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Everybody thinks they have to do something big to make a difference but our mission at Step by Step is to show everyone that you don’t need to do something big to make a difference. You can make a difference by just doing something small and helping others one step at a time.
Check down below to see the Step by Step team, places we’ve donated to, our monthly donation segment, our local sponsors, ways to donate, ways to volunteer, and OUR OFFICAL BOTTLE COUNT!!!
Meet the Team
Without the help of my friends and family none of this would be possible. Thank you to my team who have put in a lot of their own time to make this vision from God a reality. From left to right:
-Matthew Keating (Co- Founder, Executive Vice President :Age 18 )
-Sophie Pape ( Woodbury Representative Board member, Age 16)
-Max Pape( Vice President , President: Age 21)
-Nick Hernandez : (Watertown Representative /Board Member, Age 22)
-Mike Keating (Co-Founder, President : Age 21)
-Tanner Linhard (Board Member, 17)
-Tyler White (Volunteer, Age 17)
-Robert Anchini (Volunteer Coordinator / Board Member, Age 17)
-Julia Mehlin: Not shown in picture ( Not Shown in Picture, Board member, Age 17)
SBS’s 2021 Summer Outreach Party
On July 19th at the Hospitality Center in Waterbury, CT. Step by Step was able to provide over 75 meals to the less fortunate while also giving out numerous prizes and playing some fun games with them!! None of this wouldn’t had been possible without all of our amazing volunteers and all our amazing supporters! Thank you so much!!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Instagram and Facebook (stepbystepwtby) if you’d like to join our team and volunteer to help the community one step at a time!
2021 Step by Step Summer Volunteer Program
Since Step by Step launched in 2019, our main goal has always been to give back and help others in our community. A big way we give back to our community is by community service. Step by Step this summer will be offering volunteer opportunities for anyone that is interested in volunteering and giving back. Please follow us on our social media pages (Instagram- stepbystepwtby, Facebook- Step by Step) for updates on our volunteer events!!
If you are interested in volunteering, please email us at email@example.com or message us on social media!! THANK YOU!!
Places we’ve had the pleasure to donate to
- Exchange Place Towers elderly home (Waterbury, CT: Top Picture)
- Departments of Children and Families (Waterbury, CT: Second Picture)
- Health and Wellness Center (Torrington, CT:Third Picture)
- CDC Hospitality Center ( Waterbury, CT :Fourth Picture)
- Rock Of Ages Christian Church Food Bank (Waterbury, CT)
- St. Vincent De Paul homeless shelter (Waterbury, CT)
- Center for Human Development CHD (Waterbury CT)
- Dugan School(Waterbury, CT)
- Multiple Waterbury Public Schools
- Compassion International
- Friend’s of the Homeless (Springfield, MA)
- Western Mass. Food Bank (Hatfield, MA)
- Hawthorn Foundation for Kids with Autism (Manhatanville College)
- Countryside Apartments (Wolcott, CT)
- Greater Waterbury Interfaith Ministries (GWIM)
- Manes and Motions Therapeutic Riding Center, INC. (Middletown, CT)
- Families in Gambia, West Africa (5th Picture )
- Thy Eagles Nest Donation Center (Wolcott, CT)
- Seymour Middle School (Seymour, CT)
- Cheshire Food Pantry (Cheshire, CT)
- God Provides Ministries INT. (Waterbury, CT)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Hope and Pregnancy Center (Cheshire, CT)
“For Even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many”
– Mark 10:45 +
As a Christian based organization, our goal is to serve and provide for others needs through our love for Jesus. We are all called to be ministers in our community. Being a minster in your community is meeting the needs of someone in need and being a servant. Our organization is just a vessel to spread God’s love and service to our local community.
7 Day Prayer Challenge
We understand that people may not always have the money or bottle donations to give, however we always have prayers to give. Prayer has been a building block for this foundation in terms of allowing God to guide us towards the greatest ways to help others in the community. We would love for you to join us in our 7 Day Prayer Challenge and pray for our community!!
PDF Link Below!!
Since we’ve started, we’ve been grateful enough to have received bottles and cans from many incredible organizations across Connecticut. We would like to highlight the great organizations that have helped us out on our Step by Step journey so you can support them as well.
– Newington Rotary Club (1st Picture)
– Mathnasium Waterbury, CT (2nd Picture)
– Tidal Horse
– Handyman Services Plus Construction Company Waterbury, CT
– Lambada Hartford, CT
– Community Health and Wellness Center Torrington, CT
– Frank Pepe’s Pizzeria in Waterbury, CT
– East Mountain Golf Course
– Electric Appliance Parts Company Waterbury, CT
Ways to Give Back
Be a part of the Movement!!!!!
Our bread and butter to raise money is through your bottle donations. This organization has been blessed to receive bottle donations from over 100 different families and organizations. If possible, can you please separate bottles and cans when you donate. This is not forced but it would be greatly appreciated.
1) Our drop off location is at 73 Herschel Ave Waterbury, CT. You can drop off your bottle and cans at any day and time under the big Step by Step sign in the driveway. Thank you so much in advance! We truly appreciate all your support!! Email us if you have any questions!
Step by Step is always looking for young high school/college students to help delivery food to our local food banks, throw events for the low income elderly and homeless, or help us with sort bottles at the end of every month. If you are interested, please email us or contact us via social media!
Stay updated on how you can volunteer by following us on Instagram and Facebook
If you want to help out with a cash donation we would more than appreciate your generosity. Every little bit helps and we appreciate all your support!!
Step by Step Foundation INC. also is now located on Amazon Smile !! With every purchase you make on amazon smile, amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to our organization. Thank you for all your support!! Link down below.